Central Baltimore Homebuying Incentive Program
Home is one of the foundations of our lives. It represents stability, wealth, and community, and for many, home is the epicenter of a rich and fulfilling life. Unfortunately, buying a home is beyond reach for many Baltimore residents. At Central Baltimore Partnership, we believe that this dream should be attainable for all Baltimoreans. To help make owning a home a reality, we created the Central Baltimore Homebuying Incentive Program, which will help potential homeowners afford a home in Central Baltimore.
The purpose of the $10,000 Central Baltimore Homebuying Incentive Program is to maintain income diversity in the six neighborhoods outlined in our Front and Center Equity Plan (link to plan) while encouraging potential residents to live closer to their places of employment. These neighborhoods include: Barclay, Charles North, Greenmount West, Harwood, Midway, Old Goucher, and Remington.
Through our work, we have seen tremendous reinvestment and momentum, but one problem remains: How can we make sure that long-time low-income residents are not displaced and that low- and moderate-income families see these communities as neighborhoods of choice? Neighborhood associations and fellow residents want to make it possible for legacy residents and future homeowners to both benefit from neighborhood improvements.
To achieve this goal, the Central Baltimore Homebuying Incentive Program will grant $10,000 in deferred loans to 10 potential homebuyers searching for homes in Central Baltimore. This incentive program can be stacked with other City incentives, but will only be accessible to applicants that make at or below 100% of the area median income (AMI).
- Have an income at or below 100% of the area median income (AMI). (see chart below).
- Must have a contract on a home within one of the seven Central Baltimore neighborhoods listed above.
- Priority will be given to employees of organizations, institutions, and businesses based in Central Baltimore.
How to Apply:
- Please click here to download the program guidelines. (Please read the program guidelines before proceeding to the next step).
- Please click here to complete the intake questionnaire online. If you would rather use a paper copy, please print the questionnaire and mail it per the submission instructions below.
- There are 10 awards available. Candidates will be reviewed and contacted on a first-come, first-serve basis until all funds have been awarded.
- Please be sure to include proof of income and pre-approval letter from your lending agent, as well as all other requested supplemental documents.
Please note that this is a down payment assistance product that can only be used to afford owner-occupied principal residences.
After intake, applicants may be connected with a housing counselor at Neighborhood Housing Services, where they will be guided through the homebuying process.
- Applicants can submit a completed questionnaire, including all attachments, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line “ATTENTION: CB Homebuying Incentive Application”.
- Applications will be accepted until funds are no longer available.
Or by mail to:
Central Baltimore Partnership
CB Homebuying Incentive
Attn.: Ashley Wallace
25 E. 20th St.
Baltimore, MD 21218
Please direct questions about this program to:
*The Central Baltimore Homebuying Incentive Program is funded by the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development.
To make a tax-deductible donation to support the Central Baltimore Partnership, please click here.